I was actually sad at New Year's Eve. 2014 was possibly the best year of our marriage so far. We checked a ton of things off our bucket list, had so many fun visitors, traveled, spent time with great friends, and of course - our beautiful daughter joined our family. But 2015 will be rockin' too!
In 2014 we:
- Landon went to Chile again - we think for the last time! Of course there is no end to his travels, but at least Christmas won't be so busy for awhile.
- Hosted the Rogers family, the Jackson family, and cousin Chelsea here in Seattle!
- Said goodbye to Great-Grandma Wilkes. We loved her and will cherish our memories, our beautiful blankets and our 5-generation photo.
- Welcomed Isannah Afton Burgener to our family. She is an angel child that has brought so much sunshine to our lives! We can't imagine how we ever lived without her.
- Celebrated a certain 3-year-old with skeleton cake and lots of presents
- Went to the Oregon Coast with the Jacksons - best trip ever!
- Traveled to Idaho over the summer to see Stella baptized and attend our high school reunion.
- Checked a big handful of things off our bucket list. Our favorite? By far Mount Rainier.
- Finished one year of Preschool and began a new one - Walt is thriving!
- Went trick-or-treating with Woody and Bo Peep for Halloween.
- Had a fabulous Thanksgiving with the Burgeners!
- Spent the most low-key Christmas together since 2009. No traveling, no weddings, nothin' but lots of relaxing and being together. :)
In 2015 we think we'll:
- Pass Landon's general exam - which comes with a bit of a pay raise, so we're stoked.
- Plan an epic 1st birthday party for Zuzu.
- Head to Idaho to see Uncle Wesley off on a mission to Japan.
- Visit Olympic National Park. Can't wait!
- Spend a couple of weeks in Jackson Hole and Rexburg while Landon does some awesome science stuff.
- Organize a long overdue campout with some old friends.
- Begin what might turn out to be Landon's last year of grad school. (although it will take him into the fall/winter to graduate...) Mind. Blown.
- Organize our house, lives, and especially the thousands of photos and videos we possess.
- Do more family history. Starting with updating this old blog!
- Make a dent in the old bucket list. We need to finish up 36 things this year to be on target!
- Get active - more time at the park, jogging, library visits, more learning opportunities for us and the kids!
It's already been a pretty fun year - I'm excited to see what else is in store for us!