And now, here's another new year's roundup and our goals for 2014!
In 2013 we:
- Went to Chile. Ok, just Landon did. But sometimes it feels like a family affair.
- Made the time and effort to explore Seattle as much as possible. We love it here!
- Made some major improvements to our little apartment, including decorating our extra bathroom and redoing the master bedroom. It definitely now feels like home!
- Switched to Washington license plates and got our new official driver's licenses.
- Spent one of our greatest families vacations ever in Vancouver with Chelsea.
- Welcomed Hanna to our family in May, and Julian in December. The Burgeners are multiplying!
- Could not get enough of living by the beach.
- Hosted visits from both of our families and a few friends. Any other takers?
- Became parents to a 2-year-old. What on earth? Time is flying by.
- Landon passed his prelim exam and finished year one of his PhD program.
- Dressed up Walt like a skeleton for Halloween. He's never been so happy in his life.
In 2014 we think we'll:
- Travel some more. Landon is starting the year off right with another Chilean expedition, and has a few other trips in the works.
- Come up with an appropriate excuse to get to Utah to meet our new nephew, Brigham.
- Show my cousin around our city for an epic President's Day weekend extravaganza.
- Watch the Sochi Olympics.
- Rock out with the Jackson clan at our much anticipated Oregon Coast vacation.
- Plan and execute a family service project.
- Attend our 10-year high school reunion together. Can we really be that old?
- Revamp our budget and try to save more.
- Take a Labor Day weekend journey to Mount Rainier and see if it is as beautiful up close.
We can't wait to see where the next year takes us - we hope to grow closer together as a family, cross several more things off of our bucket list, and meet our challenges head on. Happy 2014, everyone!