This is what we thought 2015 would look like:
We did most of what we set out to do - a lot of work on our little apartment (we're starting to kind of love living in a small space, is that weird?), lots of trips to Idaho and a gorgeous campout in Olympic National Park. Landon's graduation did get pushed back slightly, and we never did get out campout with friends (but we did make time to see some of them!). We're still optimistic about everything we have going on.
In 2015 We:
- Checked 12 things off of our bucket list - we really need to amp it up!
- Lost a dear family friend. Love you forever Trev!
- Took an amazing family vacation to Victoria Island.
- Celebrated one year of our Zuzu girl.
- Watched Zuzu learn to walk and talk and really come into her own.
- Spent a week with Grandma Laurene! We hope she comes again!
- Had a Mario party with our Nintendo loving 4-year old! (Who has since graduated to Link/Zelda)
- Watched Walt learn to read, spell his name, do Math, play Nintendo on his own, and just turn into an all-around big kid.
- Celebrated Landon's 30th birthday with 30 gifts from 30 people he loves.
- Started Walt's 3rd and final year of preschool with a great group of kids.
- Explored the breath-taking Olympic National Park.
- Talked the Camberlangos into spending Thanksgiving with us!
- Saw The Force Awakens (Actually Landon saw it FOUR times). For us it was a win.
In 2016 We Think We'll:
- Both be 30. We'll try to enjoy the next decade as much as the last!
- Spend spring break in Portland for a long-overdue visit to Grandpa Burgener.
- Go whale watching.
- Go to DISNEYLAND with the whole Jackson clan!
- Complete a successful (and hopefully last as a student) field season in Texas, Utah, and Montana. Well, just Landon will do this one.
- Survive Landon being gone for a month. Single momming is no joke.
- Celebrate said survival with a girls' trip to Utah to finally see NEWSIES!
- Squeeze a camping trip in there somewhere.
- Celebrate the end of our 20s by climbing the Grand Teton.
- Join a gym. See above.
- Begin our final year as students. (Target graduation date: June 2017)
- Send Walt to Kindergarten. Be still my heart.
I am really excited for the coming year. We've got big plans and a lot of changes heading our way. We'll enjoy Seattle, watch our kids grow, fulfill some of our own personal goals, and start to explore what's next for us. Even though we're hitting our 30s, I feel like the best is yet to come for our little family!