And now, here's our fifth annual new year's roundup and projections for another great year!
In 2012 we:
- Went through the whole teething thing. So over it.
- Walt learned to crawl. And walk. And talk! And about a million other things we are inspired by every single day.
- Got accepted to the University of Utah, and committed to spend another 3 years in the Beehive State
- Received a call from UW the next day, and changed our entire life plan.
- Did a lot of fun, outdoorsy things.
- Welcomed Samantha into the family in May.
- Celebrated a wonderful year of Walt and 5 years of marriage in June.
- Celebrated Landon's successful thesis defense and graduation from BYU.
- Were thrilled to see Miles again after two years in Nicaragua.
- Spent 10 glorious days in Idaho with both our families.
- Waved farewell to Utah in our rearview window and moved to Seattle.
- Kylie started a freelance business and has enjoyed spending her days with Walt.
- Hosted our very first (and might I add, wildly successful) Thanksgiving with Chelsea.
- Were exceptionally glad the world didn't end.
- Completed 8 things on our bucket list - 92 more to go!
In 2013 we think we'll:
- Survive another Geology field expedition. This time in Chile.
- Hit up Chelsea in Vancouver before she moves away this spring.
- Participate in our first-ever spring break. We aren't sure what we'll do, but we look forward to it!
- Go to a Mariner's game (see bucket list item #1).
- Fix up our bikes and start exercising as a family more often.
- Enjoy visits from both of our families this summer.
- Get season passes to the Zoo. So we can hang out outside all summer long.
- Go camping in Eastern Washington.
- Get involved with our ward and the school and hopefully make a lot of new friends.
- Find a way to serve others more effectively.
We're pretty sure our first full year on the West coast is going to knock it out of the park. Can't wait!