Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmastime Is Here!

Christmas with a 2.5 year old is so much fun!! I can't believe how big Walt is getting - he was old enough to appreciate some of the finer points of Christmas this year, making it that much more magical for the rest of us.
I always want to remember how he couldn't wait for "his friend" Santa to come and visit. Unfortunately, I guess we didn't explain this quite right, and Walt thought that Santa was still going to be in the house Christmas morning. He was a little disappointed, but I think the gifts Santa left him helped him to get over it.

I always want to remember his pure joy at being chosen to play the angel in the nativity on Christmas Eve.
I always want to remember his excitement at being allowed to "sleep out" with everyone under the Christmas tree. He asked to do it again for days afterwards.

I always want to remember how carefully he opened each and every gift, getting as much satisfaction out of the unwrapping as he did out of the presents. And guessing that there might be "a farm" in every single package. Fortunately, in one of them there was.
I always want to remember that his favorite gift, out of everything we painstakingly chose for him, was the inflatable skeleton that Santa brought him from the dollar store.
This time with our family has been precious and wonderful. Merry Christmas to everyone!

No comments: