I was pretty conservative with my predictions last year, and so they mostly came true, although I could not have imagined what BYU basketball would turn into, and we barely caught a glimpse of the Grand Canyon from the air on our flight home from Arizona a week ago. Here are the highlights from the last year, and our hopes and dreams for the new one:
In 2011 we:
- Jumped on the jimmermania bandwagon.
- Welcomed our miracle, treasure, and love-of-our-lives Walt to the family.
- Spent an amazing summer together with few obligations.
- Planned, executed, and rocked our first family vacation to Seattle and the Oregon Coast.
- Moved across town to a
really old and tinynew to us apartment.
- Began Landon's final year of his master's program.
- Celebrated a myriad of firsts, including Walt's blessing day, first smile, first mother's and father's days, first plane ride(s) and first daycare.
- Landon presented his Antarctica research at 2 prestigious conferences.
- Survived the craziest semester we've had so far, with a 14 hour school schedule, working full time, keeping up with housework, laundry and trying to be good parents.
- Enjoyed Christmas together.
- Flew to Arizona to be at Dallin's wedding - Walt's 5th state in his 7 months of life
In 2012 we think we'll:
- Eventually see the new Sherlock Holmes movie.
- Go skiing in February
- Finish up Landon's Thesis so he can graduate this summer.
- Apply to several PhD programs - and hopefully be accepted to one that's right for us.
- Finally revisit Landon's mission on a 10-day jaunt to Peru in April.
- Celebrate Walt's 1st year of life in June.
- The next day, celebrate five years of blissful marriage.
- Head to Southern Utah for a campout.
- Watch the fireworks on the Idaho Falls greenbelt.
- Welcome Miles home from his mission in July.
- See Wicked with the Jackson clan in August.
- Backpack to dunanda falls in Yellowstone with my brother.
- Move on to a new adventure in the fall - destination unknown.
- Pray. A LOT.