Monday, September 17, 2012

Farewell: Jessica

Before I launch into our new life and adventures here on the coast, there are a couple more loose ends from Utah that I want to wrap up.

Before we left, we took Walt to visit our lovely friend Jessica. Jessica's house is where Walt went to daycare for about a year while I worked and Landon went to school. I've talked about daycare before, so you know that this arrangement was sometimes hard on me; but it was the best thing for our family at the time. Jessica was the best thing we possibly could have hoped for. She was the best of two worlds: state licensed, with an entire basement dedicated to the kids she watched, but it was all out of her home, with only about 5 kids at a time, in a wonderful family environment. They really adopted Walt, and I can honestly say she has as much influence on Walter as we did the first year of his life. She loves him so much and called him "el rey de la casa" (the king of the house).

Jessica hates having her photo taken (I have no idea why, she's is beautiful inside and out), so I had to sneak these in while we were visiting. It was great to catch up and see her again, and say goodbye. I know we were all sad when it was time to leave. We'll always have a special place in our hearts for Jessica. We hope to stay in touch and teach Walt all about his second Mom for the first year of life.

No comments: