Monday, September 17, 2012

Farewell - UVU Studios

Three years ago I came to work for a little place called Utah Valley University. I'd been unemployed for about 4 months and was having a rough time of it. I really wasn't sure what to expect of this lesser known college in Utah Valley.

This crew of unorthodox (and frankly, a little nutty) guys took me right in and taught me a lot about life. What to be grateful for, what to hang on to, what to let go, how to have a LOT of fun at work, how to run a camera, how to play Modern Warfare 3, what NOT to say over the comm system, how to treat a lady, the merits of Rockband, how to truly watch and enjoy a movie, not to take myself too seriously, and what it might be like to have 10 older brothers. 

In the excitement of moving on, there is always the trade off, the sadness of what you leave behind. I fit in here. I have always been the most comfortable with guy friends, and being the only girl suits me. I'll miss the banter about Star Wars and giving advice about girls. I'll miss the night shows with Ryan stressing and Aaron and Channing behaving more like 14-year-olds the later it gets. I'll miss staring in commercials and the best Christmas parties ever. Most of all, I'll miss the guys.

Farewell, UVU...I'll really miss the view.

No comments: