Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bucket List #37 | Seattle Public Library


Our Seattle bucket list is a list of adventures we're hoping to have while Landon studies at the University of Washington for the next several years. To view all of our bucket list posts, click here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's pretty. And big. And fully awesome.
My cousin being in town gave us a great excuse to cross something off our list. Chelsea is about 2/3 of the way done with her masters degree in library science, so a visit to the Seattle Public Library was a no-brainer.

The library is positioned pretty much right down town. For some reason, I didn't have huge expectations for this particular excursion. I thought it would be fun to see, but I guess I was expecting another old building that couldn't possibly be as awesome as the UW library.

But it's not at all the same. They don't really compare. The downtown library is a really modern structure with all the frills. And it's hugeness can't be overstated. I've been to the library of congress, and I still think this library belongs in the "big" category. Just sayin'.

Anyway, we rate this one a solid
It was a super fun experience. There is a neat children's area, a gorgeous view from the top, even a gift shop...and it's free! Seriously, I would recommend this as a tourist stop if you have the time. We only had around 45 minutes and wished we could stay longer. Next time we'll probably plan about 2 hours for this.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

ahhh this makes me want to come visit you so bad!!!! I'm going to go start making a plan right now.... ;)