Monday, July 28, 2014

Landon's Birthday!

I don't write enough about Landon on this blog. He's so awesome, it's hard to know where to start!
He had a birthday last week, and I was feeling guilty because, although I'd purchased presents way in advance, I hadn't really thought that much about his birthday. The same thing happened the year Walt was born - I get a little busy with a new baby in the house. But at the last minute, I had a brilliant idea to have "Birthday Week!" We did something fun each night the week leading up to his birthday.
I wasn't great at documenting it, but we did: bowling night, redbox + treat date night, a night "off" for Landon - no chores and I put the kids to bed myself, father/son outing to see How to Train Your Dragon 2, we all went out to dinner, and a "choose your own adventure" night - Landon got $10 to do anything he wanted with. It was simple and so fun! We all enjoyed a week of surprises, family time, and not worrying so much about responsibilities for a change.
For his birthday, Landon requested tacos, homemade refried beans, watermelon, and "double-decker brownies," which I achieved by mixing two boxes of brownies and a package of candy melts (basically giant chocolate chips). They were amazing. And extremely unhealthy, so definitely only a once a year kind of treat. :) 
This year, Walt is old enough to kind of get birthdays. He loved mine and his own, so when Dad's was approaching, he kept asking when it would be and if there would be cake. :) He wanted to get Dad a present, so I tried to explain to him that I would need to pay money for a present, and that he would have to do a special job to earn the present from me. We went to the store and he chose (all by himself) a Spiderman Lego set to give Dad. Then a couple of days later he wiped down the bathroom floor for me to earn the gift. He was so excited, he accidentally told Dad what the gift was that night! He loved having Dad open a special present from him.
We sure love this handsome man! Happy Birthday Landon!

No comments: