Monday, December 17, 2012

Sad

I am so, so sad.

I can't stop thinking about how I already have all of Walt's Christmas presents purchased, and mostly wrapped. I am sure some of those families in Connecticut had done the same. And I keep picturing coming home to those packages of brightly-colored paper, wrapping up Christmas cheer that will never happen now.


Landon held me tight on Thursday night and said, "what can we do?" There was so much implied in that simple statement. But at the heart of it, we all want to know what we can do to make this a safer world, for our child and for ALL of the children.

At first I thought, there is nothing we can do. We are powerless against senseless acts by crazy people. But since then, it has slowly sunk in.

All we can do is be kind. And teach our children to be kind.

Praying for all of God's children tonight.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I think you're totally right! I am personally glad there are people out there trying to figure out hoe to fix our society, but you're right that the thing I can do the best as an individual is to bring more love and kindness into the world!