Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I am not a lover of Halloween. You don't get the day off, you don't get candy as a grown-up, dressing up is a lot of work, and I don't watch scary movies.

Nevertheless, I wanted to make Walt's first Halloween fun for him (or at least a good photo op).

First of all, I stayed up way too late making a fun Halloween breakfast:
 
"Monster Muffins" idea found here.
I really want to start some fun traditions with Walt - I may have gone a little overboard, but he was mildly fascinated with the muffins, and they were delicious, so Landon was happy.

My Mom is the super-mom of Halloween costumes. In her homemade repertoire: Dorothy, the Wicked Witch of the East (yeah, the one with the house on top - I wish I had a picture!), a shadow, a flower, a black butterfly, Miss America, and my brother dressed as a little old lady are just a few that I remember off the top of my head. Someday I aspire to be that awesome. But this year, since we are so busy (see post here), we decided to buy one. Easy peasy. And it turned out adorable:
 
Cutest astronaut ever. And yep. We're the geekiest family in the world. It's OK, we know. Walt was fairly interested in the ward "trunk-or-treat" (which, on principle, I am generally opposed to, but in the case of my 5-month old, it worked out rather well).
 And he was definitely on board with the whole pumpkin carving thing...
All-in-all, it was quite a successful day. And, since we got to eat all of his candy at the end of it, I managed to enjoy it, too.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Amber Madsen said...

You've got to love Halloween a little more with Kidd cause you DO get candy as an adult ... It's called "we share the candy at this house" or "the mommy & daddy tax". It's perfectly wonderful!!! :)

Chelsi said...

Your muffins totally made me smile. Love it. I am a halloween lover - we'll have to convert you.

Candy Girl said...

What an adorable little astronaut! And your monster muffins look great :)

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

That's adorable! Walt looks so stinkin' cute:)