Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Happenings

Well, now that Christmas is only 2 days away, here's a short recap of a few things we were able to do this December:


We bought our Christmas tree two days after Thanksgiving and decorated it a few days later. We get a new ornament every year - this year, we got a Jim Shore stocking ornament. I tried to find a picture, but I didn't have any luck, so you'll just have to imagine it. As you can tell, we're all set with presents, too. Spencer, there's a box under that tree with your name on it!






We were lucky enough to attend Erin's first concert on temple square. They did an awesome job, and sang two songs that I sang back when I was in Musettes, so that was fun! She looked beautiful (I just have to brag, she's wearing my old choir dress in the above photo, which makes me so happy), and she escaped with minimal embarrassment from Landon, so all around it was a successful venture.

We also got tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. I had never been before - it was amazing! I love, love Natalie Cole and it's always fun to be in the Conference Center. It was also a great feeling to see and be in the room with President Monson. It's always a pleasure to feel the spirit of the Lord's prophet.



Last, but certainly not least, we have big news! My older brother, best friend, second favorite person in the world, is engaged!!! Congrats, Josh and Candice, welcome to the party. We're really proud of you guys for everything you're doing, and we're super excited for your wedding this spring! Love you!

We are looking forward to heading up to Rexburg today to hang out with the Burgeners for Christmas! Happy holidays everyone!

No comments: