Monday, December 14, 2015

Bucket List #29 | Forks, WA

(Still so behind guys, but I'm working on it!!!!)

Let me preface by saying that I'm NOT a diehard "Twilight" fan. True, I have read the books, but sort of in the way that one watches a car crash on the side of the road...I just couldn't stop until I knew how the train wreck ended! But I couldn't get through the movies. That said, living in such close proximity to a kitschy place like Forks just seemed too good of an opportunity to pass up. And we ended up having a lot of fun!

The town of Forks is actually just outside of Olympic National Park...it's kind of in-between the areas of the park. To get to the coast, you have to drive right through it. I knew it was a little town, but I was still surprised by just HOW little. This place really is in the middle of nowhere.

We stopped by the Chamber of Commerce where they had a little map for us to follow around town. It was fun to see all the creative ways people turned their little town into a tourist spot. I think my favorite was the treaty sign: (Team Jacob!)

We made all of the obligatory stops, and even got the high school janitor to take a photo for us - which was completely embarrassing, but you could tell it wasn't the first time he had done this. I couldn't stop laughing at every place we took a photo. I felt like a total poser because I couldn't even remember what some of the stuff was. They gave us a trivia page with our map, and I only knew the answers to a few of the questions. The best part was, we weren't the only people doing the tour!
Overall, it was a fun stop and I'm glad we did it. I'm also glad we rolled it into our Olympic National Park trip - it would not really have been worth a separate drive out to the peninsula.

I give Forks, WA:

Although you might love it more if you're really into Twilight!

No comments: