Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

At the top of my thankful list are these two handsome guys:
I feel incredibly blessed every day that I get to spend with my precious family. Sometimes I still can't believe I conned Landon into marrying me, and that after years of heartache we were given this little munchkin to raise.

This weekend we kept a long-running tradition alive, and has Thanksgiving with a representative of the DiFrancesco family. :)
Between the two of us, we put together a fairly impressive spread, with most of the traditional dishes. We were exhausted afterwards.
We talked about all of the things we're thankful for. At the top of the list: Family on the same side of the country, so we didn't have to spend Thanksgiving all alone. Enough food to eat, a warm place to sleep at night, at the knowledge of a loving Savior who helps us even when we forget to be Thankful.
And then, when we were done stuffing ourselves, Chel and I headed out to Wal-Mart for a gross display of consumerism. :) I know, I know...shame on us. Door buster shopping has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. We actually had a lot of fun! We only stayed out for about an hours, and did the rest of our shopping on Friday like respectable folks.
We are so grateful for all that we have - we're especially grateful this year that Chelsea would come all the way from another country (Ok, or even 3 hours), to spend the holiday with us! Now - let the Christmas-ing begin!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hooray for a great Thanksgiving! Also, I hope you don't mind but I love your blog so I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out the details on my blog! (and of course, if you don't want to be nominated--since your blog is mostly a family thing-- just let me know and I'll remove any reference to you)