Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bucket List #28 | Trader Joe's


Our Seattle bucket list is a list of adventures we're hoping to have while Landon studies at the University of Washington for the next several years. To view all of our bucket list posts, click here.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Some of you will probably laugh at this aspiration - but I have long been jealous of the Trader Joe's goods I see on other people's blogs. Believe it or not, I've never been! So when we found out we were moving here, and there are several of these stores in the area, we quickly added it to our list. Last weekend we made that dream come true.
We opted for the Trader Joe's in Lynwood instead of going all the way downtown (there are at least 6 in the area). The store was smaller than I thought it would be (not sure what I was expecting?), but despite that, it didn't disappoint. We thought there would be more imported goods - we might have been hoping for Swiss/Belgian chocolate... But the Trader Joe's brand itself is fun and something different for us.
We opted to try some of the basics: tortilla chips, gummy bears, organic tomato soup; and also a few new things. Landon's favorite find was a bag of golden potatoes like the ones they eat in Peru (There is an authentic dinner in the works). I'm excited to try our new Feta salad dressing and the veggie sticks.

Overall, we give the experience a solid:
It was far from "the coolest thing we've ever done," but it was worth the drive, and we will most definitely be back!

2 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

I love trader joes. Their freezer meals are especially yummy if you need to make something quick. We love their Teriyaki Chicken. :)

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

We have a Trader Joes here, but I've never heard a thing about it. Maybe I need to put it on my bucket:)