#1 - Husband tag (tagged by Erin)
1. Where did you meet? Mrs. Woolf's "We the People" government class in high school. I guess technically we met in the 5th grade, but neither one of us remembers ever speaking to each other before our senior year of high school. They do these computer date matches at Madsion, and you can buy yours on Valentine's day for like a dollar. So we both did, and we were both #3 on each others' print-outs. I demanded to know who he was, and found out he was in my class! So I went into class and sat by him, determined to get to know him. The rest is history.
2. How long did you date before you got married? Well...a total of around 31/2 years, sort of. 9 months before his mission, then he left, then 9 months after his mission.
3. How long have you been married? 18 months in one week.
4. What does he do that surprises you? What DOESN'T he do that surprises me? I guess one thing is that I didn't expect him to be the one to do the laundry.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? I love his smile and his laugh! That's what hooked me.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? He has such a strong testimony. Also, he's hilarious. And just a good guy. Sorry, that was 3.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? He has about 27 million nicknames for me. My favorite is KP. It stands for Kylie P. Burgener. And no, I don't have a middle name.
8. What is his favorite color? Blue
9. What is his favorite food? I don't know if it's his favorite because of the food...but he loves to go to Cafe Peru. He also really likes fajitas, cajun chicken salad, and tortilla soup.
10. What is his favorite sport? Is reading a sport?
11. When and where was your first kiss? Summer 2004, on the sidewalk around the corner from my house, there used to be a vacant lot there, but now it's a house...sad.
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go to Barnes and Noble! And read.
13. Do you have any children? Nope. Someday.
14. Does he have a hidden talent? Um...not that I can think of. He has many talents, but nothing strange.
15. How old is he? 23.
16. Who said "I love you" first? He did. I think. High school was a long time ago.
17. What is his favorite type of music? Coldplay and Ben Folds.
18. What do you admire most about him? He is super smart
19. Do you think he will read this? Nope :) But he'll mad I said that.
I tag my mom, Mckell, and Jocelyn for this one!
#2 - Photo tag (tagged by Andrea, I think)
I have avoid doing this one, simply because I don't keep a lot of photos on my work computer, which is where I always update. But there are a few, so here goes (4th folder, 4th photo):
I have to laugh, because this is probably the most random photo I could have chosen. We took this picture right before Dallin's (Landon's brother on a mission in Slovakia) birthday, and sent it to him in our weekly email. Gotta love it!
I tag Stefanie, Jamie and Abby for this one!
#3 - 6 Quirks About Yourself (tagged by Chelsi)
- I count stairs. There are 13 stairs at my parents house, 14 stairs at my in-laws house, 2 flights of 9 and 10 stairs (respectively) to the upper floor of my office, 14 stairs on the upper floors of the Spori, 17 on the lower floors, and 152 stairs from my apartment at BYU to campus. I'm not kidding. I can't stop counting, it's a little bizarre.
- I get super scared of movies. I've already shared this to some degree - but I literally will not be able to sleep at night if I see anything disturbing.
- I still remember all of the counties in Idaho - and the 50 states - from songs learned in the 4th grade.
- I can beat the game of "Bop-It." It's a little-known fact that if you go fast enough long enough, the game just shuts off. I call that winning.
- I tend to yell a lot when I am cooking. I drop things and spill things constantly, and then I let out these little yelps of frustration. For the first 6 months of our marriage, Landon would come running in all worried that something serious had happened...now he just ignores me. Hopefully nothing bad ever really does happen!
- I am ALWAYS freezing. Even when it's really warm outside. I have a huge collection of hoodies that I put to good use. I also sleep with a hot water bottle to keep my toes warm. Landon thinks I'm cold blooded. It might be true.